Barcelona agree to sell Claudio Bravo to Manchester City

Sky Sports
0
264

Barcelona have announced an agreement to sell goalkeeper Claudio Bravo to Manchester City has been reached.

Sky Sports’ Spanish football expert Guillem Balague reported on Friday the clubs had agreed a fee and Bravo’s family are insisting they are moving to Manchester.

But he also disclosed that Barca boss Luis Enrique’s pursuit of a replacement was holding up the deal, and the Catalan club’s technical secretary Robert Fernandez has suggested they are waiting to secure a new ‘keeper before allowing Bravo to move on.

Fernandez said on Barca’s official Twitter account after the 6-2 thrashing of Real Betis on Saturday: “We have the beginning of an agreement with Manchester City for Claudio Bravo.

“We are awaiting events this week. When Claudio leaves, we hope to have a new keeper”

City’s desire to sign Bravo has led to the imminent departure of England No 1 Joe Hart from the Etihad Stadium, after more than 10 years at the club.

Sky sources understand that Hart wants to leave after being told by new City manager Pep Guardiola he does not yet know the kind of tactical role he wants his goalkeeper to play.

Guardiola has played Willy Caballero for City’s two opening victories of the Premier League season so far but has left the door open for Hart to remain at the club and work hard to learn how to be more influential in the team’s build-up.

But Hart is expected to depart once the arrival of Bravo is confirmed, with Sky sources told he is open to a move abroad.

NO COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY